We have received a few email requests to talk about why we love Mizon’s All In One Snail Cream so dearly. Thank you to all who have taken the time out to send us your requests – we are listening and will do our best! Stay tuned for more product reviews in the future.

We love products that work and address various skin concerns all at once – signs of aging, uneven skin tones, dryness, dull skin, and fine lines. So when we were curating products for The Silk Rose, this was top of the list. To us, no one can claim to be a K-beauty lover without having tried a snail cream. We are obsessed with anything snail related. Obsessed. We can’t help it. It has helped reverse signs of wear and tear on our skin. Literally. We have been using this for over a year now and it is still very much a staple of our skincare regime.

Continue reading →


I like to think that the Ancient Greek aphorism “Know Thyself” was actually the brainchild of a skin-savvy toga-wearing Greek goddess of some sort. Either that or Plato had some divine skincare wisdom that he was trying to share with the world…but we weren’t quite ready to understand.

Knowledge is power – which is why we at The Silk Rose are carrying the torch of skincare wisdom to help guide you on your journey to beautiful skin. Through our “Know Thy Skin” series, we hope to inform, enlighten and hopefully lead you to make better choices for your skin.

Continue reading →


For those concerned about the telltale signs of aging (read: everyone!), you may be surprised to know that only 10 percent of visible aging is caused by the natural aging process, the remaining 90 percent (eek!) is caused by environmental factors – including sun exposure!

Excessive sun exposure throughout our lifetime can significantly increase our symptoms of photoaging – breaking down elastin and collagen which can cause dryness, fine lines, wrinkles, pigmentation and sagging…not quite the sunkissed look any of us were hoping for. Worse still, prolonged sun exposure can potentially lead to far more serious consequences, like skin cancer, which results in thousands of deaths every year.

Continue reading →


Gather round ladies, we’re about to give you the inside scoop on the latest hero ingredient to reach our shores – snail mucin! Yes, you read correctly and no we’ve not lost our proverbial marbles – we’re talking about snail mucin, that gooey trail that our slimey friends leave behind while out on their travels. As gross as it may sound, this slimey elixir has been used for skincare purposes since the time of Hippocrates (a really long time ago). As a physician in ancient Greece, he prescribed crushed snails to his patients to help alleviate their skin inflammation. More recently, snail mucin was re-discovered as a skin saviour when Chilean farmers handling snails for exportation to French eateries began noticing that their skin was getting smoother and softer…the gooey goodness miraculously made their minor cuts and injuries es-car-go-away!

Continue reading →